The Eighth International Conference on the History of Mathematics Education: First Announcement
08.11.2023 | 08.11.2023
The International Conference on the History of Mathematics Education (ICHME) is the only conference entirely devoted to the history of mathematics education. The first ICHME was held in Iceland (2009), followed by others in Portugal (2011), Sweden (2013), Italy (2015), the Netherlands (2017), France (2019) and Germany (2022).
The Eighth International Conference on the History of Mathematics Education (ICHME-8) will take place 16-20 September 2024 at the L.&A. Birkenmajer Institute for the History of Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw, Poland.
The thematic scope of ICHME-8 includes, among others:
- Methodology of the research in the History of Mathematics Education
- Transmission and reception of new educational ideas in Mathematics Education
- The History of Mathematics Education and the History of Mathematics: Connections and mutual influences
- Actors and Contributors in Mathematics Education
- Development of Mathematics Education in specific countries
- Development and changes in mathematical content within a curriculum and in the form of its presentation
- Mathematics Education of groups historically underserved in education
- Mathematics teacher education
- Mathematics textbooks and other educational resources
- Reforms in Mathematics Education
There will be three forms of active participation in the Conference: long presentation (40 min.), short presentations (20 min.) and posters.
Submissions containing title of the presentation and abstract with selected bibliography (in English) should be sent as a Microsoft Word document to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2024.
The review process will determine in which activity a given submission will be presented.
The First Announcement with detailed information can be found below.