Recruitment for the academic year 2023/2024
05.05.2023 | 05.05.2023
The Anthropos Doctoral School at the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN) is accepting applications for the 2023/2024 academic year.
This year the School is opening a call in the following disciplines:
archeology (the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAN, the Institute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures PAN),
ethnology and cultural anthropology (the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAN)
human geography (the Stanisław Leszczycki Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization PAN),
history (the Tadeusz Manteuffel Institute of History PAN, the Ludwik and Aleksander Birkenmajer Institute of the History of Science PAN,the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology PAN),
linguistics (the Institute of Polish Language PAN),
literary studies (the Institute of Literary Research PAN),
cultural anthropology (the Institute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures PAN),
history of art and art sciences (the Institute of Art PAN).
Applications to the Anthropos Doctoral School PAN will be evaluated in a two-step process. Candidates who successfully pass an evaluation of their application materials will be invited for an interview.
There are 15 places available in the Doctoral School’s 2023/2024 class.
How to apply*:
- Complete application forms I and II in two PDFs including:
- An application letter for admission addressed to the head of the Doctoral School indicating the institute where the candidate would prefer to carry out their research project,
- A proposed doctoral project,
- An academic curriculum vitae with publications and academic accomplishments,
- Contact information for an academic reference who can provide information about the candidate,
- Copy of your master’s degree diploma or other such declaration from your home institution indicating that you’ve achieved the requisite education,
- Copy of a certificate indicating your (minimum B2) knowledge of a foreign language; in the event that you do not possess such a certification, the interview may be conducted in a recognized world language (English, French, German, Russian) for the purposes of verification.
- In separate files:
- Completed questionnaire (please see the attached file),
- ID sized photograph of the candidate
- Copy of your master’s thesis or its equivalent (in PDF format)
- For applicants outside of the EU countries: certified diploma or certified translation, or a recognition statement provided by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA),
- Confirmation of application fee payment.
The application fee for the 2023/2024 academic year is 100 PLN. Candidates should make a bank transfer to the account of the Institute of History PAN, account number 04 1130 1017 0020 1463 2420 0002 (Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego, SWIFT: GOSKPLPW). In the title of the payment please include “application fee” as well as your name and surname.
The requisite documents can be sent electronically to the address email@example.com. Applications will be accepted from August 14–31 2023. Application materials received after the deadline will not be considered in the application process.
Interviews will take place between September 18–22, 2023. Candidates chosen for an interview will be informed of this decision via email before the September 15, 2023. The interviews may take place via Zoom or other such electronic meeting services.
* A candidate’s personal data are processed by the Institute of History at the Polish Academy of Sciences (Rynek Starego Miasta 29/31, 00-272 Warsaw) for the purposes of this application. Data is shared voluntarily, but these data are necessary for the application process. Data will be processed during the necessary period for carrying out a selection process, including archiving. Data can be shared with authorized entities, and administrative and organizational services, on the basis of applicable laws. The person to whom the data belong, maintains the right to access their own personal data, as well as the right to correct that data, delete them or limit their processing. In addition, your personal data can be transferred at your request or you can file a complaint about its processing with the Office of Personal Data Protection. For all matters concerning the processing of personal data, please contact the Inspector of Data Protection of the IH PAN: firstname.lastname@example.org. Detailed information is available on our website: https://ihpan.edu.pl/en/about-us/ochrona-danych-osobowych/